Today is a travel day from Phoenix to San Francisco. We are still using our masks in all public transport and crowded areas. The last thing we want is to catch Covid somewhere in the middle of our journeys.
That statistic is based on a one-week vacation. That means if we are consistent with the averages, we will lose 8.5 days.
Our Travel Time
Here are my calculations based on travelling between locations. It seems it is my “lucky number ten.”
- September 28 – our start
- October 12 – today
- October 21 – to Honolulu and on to Maui
- November 1 and 2 – to New Zealand
- November 17 and 18 – Ayers Rock to Bangkok
- December 26 – Bangkok to New Delhi
- December 30 – New Delhi to Geneva
- December 21 – Lisbon to Home
Given that we will lose a day by crossing the international dateline, and we do have nine countries, then “wasted time” seems on the mark. That is 15% of a trip is spent getting to and from a place.